Gift Planning Services Manager’s Minute
Please join us at the 2017 Annual Gift Planning Conference!
In 2006, Gift Planning Services of Philanthropies encouraged and helped organize the forerunner of today’s Gift Planning Council. The mission of the Gift Planning Council is to:
- EDUCATE: We hope to inform professional advisors about philanthropic planning and the Church’s charitable-giving priorities.
- ELEVATE: We aim to help professional advisors understand the important role they play in helping individuals and families express their values through their planning.
- COLLABORATE: We desire to create a community of professional advisors who collaborate with each other.
In September of 2006, Philanthropies sponsored the inaugural annual Council Conference in Salt Lake City’s historic Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Estate, finance, and tax planning professionals from throughout the country assembled to hear and learn from nationally recognized estate planning experts. Our keynote speaker that first year was James E. Hughes, Jr., the internationally known philosopher of the family and the author of Family Wealth: Keeping It in the Family.
For twelve years we have enjoyed coming together as a fellowship of professional advisors to learn from each other. In addition to receiving technical training from nationally recognized experts, representatives of the LDS Church’s various educational and humanitarian institutions have shared presentations on their world-wide work. Perhaps most importantly, every conference has provided encouragement and inspiration to those who assist individuals and families as they address the very sensitive and critical issues associated with estate, tax, and gift planning. The Conference has helped us to understand the “why” we participate in this effort, as well as the “how” we create and implement the technical instruments that bring good intentions to fruition.
This year we again cordially invite you to please join us in Salt Lake City! The 12th Annual Gift Planning Council Conference will be held at the Church Office Building on November 9th and 10th. As in previous years, this year features a stellar lineup of speakers and presentations, including very special lunch guest speakers on Thursday and Friday.
Please use the following link to register for the conference: https://ldsp.regfox.com/gpcc2017.
We look forward to seeing you in November!
Past Conference Highlights
- 2006 - James E. Hughes, Jr.
- 2007 - Nationally acclaimed wealth advisors Paul Comstock and Alison Comstock Moss
- 2008 - Clinical psychologist and family wealth advisor Dr. Lee Hausner
- 2009 - Beloved BYU Law School Professor Stanley D. Neeleman
- 2010 - Stanford University Development Legal Counsel and Sr. Philanthropic Advisor B. Howard Pearson
- 2011 - Steve Akers of Bessemer Trust
- 2012 - Dr. Paul Schervish from Boston College
- 2013 - C. Jean Stewart of the Denver Probate Court
- 2014 - Arthur C. Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
- 2015 - Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- 2016 - Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles